This cucumber, dill and Greek yogurt salad is a perfect summer salad because it is fresh and light. In addition it is prepared with very few ingredients and in a very short time. The Greek yogurt sauce (plain full-fat yogurt is fine too) is mixed with lemon juice, salt, pepper and some sugar in a delicate but tasty mix that perfectly matches the freshness of the cucumber. In addition, this salad is mixed with plenty of grated lemon zest and garlic for a citrusy and slightly spicy aftertaste.
Finally I added chopped fresh dill that goes so well with vegetables or fish. If you don’t have dill, you can use basil leaves, thyme, mint or any other type of fresh herb you like. You can also vary this recipe by combining onion, tomatoes, radishes or other fresh seasonal vegetables.
It is a dish with a delicate flavor. Perfect as an appetizer or as an idea for a light, quick and easy side dish that is especially popular during hot days.
Greek yogurt and dill cucumber salad
- 500 g of fresh cucumbers
- 1 organic lemon (zest)
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 120 ml of Greek yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of fresh chopped dill, or basil, or mint, or thyme
Greek yogurt sauce instructions
- In a small bowl, mix the Greek yogurt with the lemon juice. Add two teaspoons of sugar, half a teaspoon of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir and place in the refrigerator.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Instructions Greek yogurt and dill cucumber salad
- Rinse your cucumbers under cold water. Remove the tips and peel. Cut them into thin slices using a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife. At this point put them in a bowl and add chopped garlic and lemon zest. Also add chopped dill and mix.
- Now add the yogurt sauce. Stir, taste and adjust with more salt and pepper if necessary. Place in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes to let the flavor blend.
- The sauce could become more liquid. This depends on the freshness of your cucumbers. If they are first cucumbers of the season (like mine in the photo) in contact with salt they could release water, it is natural.
If you want you can create variations of this salad by combining diced tomatoes or sliced radishes. Store in the refrigerator and consume within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for other lunch ideas for this summer then I absolutely recommend my Raw zucchini salad – easy marinated side dish (photo below).