This puff pastry tart with creamy cheese filling and tomatoes is simply exquisite. It may not be the prettiest but I assure you it’s quick and easy to make and full of flavor. The rectangular puff pastry sheet is spread with a some basil pesto and then filled with a mix of cheeses including spreadable cheese, parmesan, mozzarella and fresh basil. All garnished with lots of cherry tomatoes that add a sweet, sour and even slightly smoky note thanks to the roasted skin. This rustic tart is excellent both hot and cold and is perfect as an appetizer or as a main course together with fresh mixed salad.
Puff pastry tart with creamy cheese filling and tomatoes
- 1 rectangular puff pastry sheet
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- 1 mozzarella (125 g)
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 100 g spreadable cheese (I used Italian cream cheese)
- 1 tbsp choped basil leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
Instructions puff pastry tart with creamy cheese filling and tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix the spreadable cheese with a tablespoon of grated Parmesan, chopped basil and a previously dried and chopped mozzarella.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a baking tray covered with baking paper slightly smaller than the puff pastry. Spread two teaspoons of pesto on its surface.
- Spread the cheese and basil filling evenly over the puff pastry base then start adding cut in half cherry tomatoes.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Lightly brush your cherry tomatoes with some olive oil and sprinkle them with salt. Fold slightly the edge of the pastry down to cover the filling.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° for about 30 minutes or until the pastry and cheese becomes golden. Then turn on the broiler (the strong central grill in the oven) and brown the surface of the tomatoes. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly and serve.
Store at room temperature and eat within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another delicious recipe for a savory tarts with Puff pastry zucchini lattice tart (photo below) ot Puff pastry Easter egg tart – easy vegetarian appetizer idea (photo below).