These candied (praline) almonds with Christmas spices are an easy crunchy snack but also a great idea for a DIY Christmas gift. Baking the almonds in the oven allows you to create a large quantity of this snack which, once ready, can be closed in small jars decorated with a Christmas bow and be given to friends, relatives or workmates. The recipe is super simple and only takes 5 minutes to prepare. Furthermore, while baking, these almonds fill your home with a fabulous smell of caramel and spices. You can use a store bought mix of Christmas spices or like me use the ones that you prefer. I have used nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom but you can also use cloves, star anise or even a pinch of pepper.
Easy candied almonds with Christmas spices
- 200 g almonds
- 3-4 heaped teaspoons of egg white
- ¾ tsp of water
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 35 g white sugar
- 40 g brown sugar
- 1 large pinch of salt
- 1 large pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of powdered ginger
- ½ tsp of powdered cardamom
Instructions easy candied almonds with Christmas spices
- In a small bowl mix egg white with vanilla extract and water. Place your almonds in a bowl, add the prepared liquid and mix to cover them.
- In a second bowl mix two types of sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and nutmeg. Toss the mix over your almonds and toss thoroughly to make the sugar adhere. Once ready place them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 120 ° C for 1 hour. Stir the almonds every 15 minutes to prevent them from sticking to the tray or to each other.
- Once ready stir and let them cool completely.
Store in an airtight container and eat within a week.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for a recipe that explains how to prepare Christmas spices at home, check out my Homemade mixed spice for mulled wine and Christmas cookies (fot below).
Note from the author of this recipe
I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^