Creamy carrot, broccoli and peas is a hot, nutritious, and super quick and easy to make vegetable side dish. A mix of healthy vegetables which, thanks to their cooking with the creamy milk sauce, create a delicious mixed vegetable meal. They are ideal as a side dish to accompany many second courses of meat, fish or baked potatoes. You can make this side dish even richer by adding pieces of stringy cheese or grated Parmesan.
Creamy carrot, broccoli and peas
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150 g carrots
- 150 g frozen peas
- 150 g broccoli
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 220 ml milk
- 2 tbsp flour or potato starch
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- pepper to taste
- ½ tsp dry thyme
- 1 tbsp mustard
Instructions creamy carrot, broccoli and peas
- In a non-stick pan, melt the butter. Add the chopped onion and cook over low heat for several minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Add the crushed garlic, raise the heat and cook for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Now add the diced carrot and the chopped broccoli. Add the broth, cover with the lid and cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme and mustard. Mix well and add the peas. Cover with the lid and cook for another 2 – 4 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the milk mixed with the potato starch or flour. Cook until the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust with more salt, pepper and the necessary spices. If your sauce is too thick you can add another drop of milk.
- Having achieved the desired flavor and texture and making sure all vegetables are tender served immediately.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 24 hours. To make them warm again add some milk or water into the pan and reheat.
lot of love. B.