This pumpkin and fennel soup is really special. It is different yet creamy and flavorful. A combination of pumpkin and fennel that blends perfectly with spicy flavour of fresh ginger and with the particular aftertaste of smoked paprika. These amazing seasonal vegetables have been kindly provided to me Bioexpress.
Pumpkin and fennel soup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pieces about 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 small leek
- 800 g pumpkin skin off, me butternut pumpkin
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste
- chili flakes and pumpkin seeds to taste
Instructions: Pumpkin and fennel soup
- Heat olive oil in a pot. Combine chopped leek (light green and white parts), garlic and sliced ginger. Cook until it becomes aromatic and the leek becomes slightly transparent and soft (2 to 3 minutes).
- Combine sliced fennel and smoked paprika, stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- At this point add pumpkin and vegetable broth. Cook on medium – low heat until the pumpkin becomes tender (about 15 to 20 minutes). Turn off the flame and blend with a hand blender or in a stand mixer until the soup becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste, adjust with salt and pepper and blend again.
Serve with a few drops of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Combine some chili flakes if you like your soup to be spicy and add some pumpkin seeds for some crunch. Serve warm.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another delicious veggie soup recipe check my Creamy and comforting potato, broccoli and cheese soup. (foto below)
In this recipe I used fennel, garlic and leek that I was kindly provided by Bioexpress – a company dedicated to home delivery of organic fruits and vegetables. The products that I have been given were fresh and rich in flavor.