These delicious polenta and cheese chips are an easy, delicious and fun finger food. Crispy and flavourful, this chips are baked in the oven and offer a valid substitute for the classic fried potato chips.
Baked polenta and cheese chips
- 240 ml water
- 1 drop olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 g instant polenta flour
- 35 g grated cheese I used grana cheese
- sweet paprika and salt to taste
- olive oil for the pan
Instructions: Baked polenta and cheese chips
- In a saucepan bring to a boil 240 ml of water with a pinch of salt and a drop of olive oil. Pour the polenta and cook following the instructions on the box until it becomes thick. Add the grated cheese and stir well. Roll out the polenta on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and brush with some olive oil. Try roll it out evenly and as thin as possible (a few millimeters). You can do this by putting another sheet of baking paper on top and by using a rolling pin. Let it cool at room temperature for a minimum of half an hour. After this time, sprinkle the polenta with smoked paprika and add some salt. Cut out the shapes of your polenta chips using a sharp knife or cookie cutter. Place them on a baking sheet covered with clean baking paper.
- Bake in preheated static oven at 180 – 200 ° C for 20 to 25 minutes (depending on how high your chips are) until they become crisp and slightly toasted. Remove from the oven, let them cool down and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another recipe with polenta check my Polenta crepes (foto below).