They are not the most beautiful to look at but I assure you that these salted butter and coffee cookies are absolutely fabulous. They are so delicious that while I was taking these photos, with the excuse of not being perfectly round, I kept eating them until I was left with only a few pieces. Yes, I admit it. I almost ate a whole pan of warm cookies and I’m not ashamed of it 😀 They are friable but not hard, with a delicate coffee flavour that goes perfectly with the salted butter that leaves a pleasant aftertaste of milk. I covered them with granulated sugar which adds a pleasant sweet crunchiness on top. A must try!
Salted butter and coffee cookies
- 120 g soft salted butter I used Lurpak brand
- 85 g granulated sugar + other for the surface of the cookies
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of espresso ground coffee
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 150 g cake flour
Instructions salted butter and coffee cookies
- For this recipe I used salted butter made by Lurpak.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter with the sugar for a couple of minutes until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and ground coffee powder and whisk again to mix the ingredients well.
- At this point add flour and incorporate it with spatula.
- Place the soft dough on a sheet of plastic wrap. Using your hands, create a roll about 3 – 4 cm in diameter. Wrap tightly in the wrap and place in the freezer for about 2 hours. If your roll is too soft, place it in the freezer for half an hour and then remove it from the cold, give it a desired shape and put it back in the freezer for the remaining time.
The baking options
- Take a muffin pan. Lightly grease the bottom and dust it with flour.* This baking method is absolutely optional. You can bake your cookies on a simple baking sheet covered with baking paper. I prefer the muffin pan because my cookies don’t stick together in case I put too many on the traditional baking tray.
- Take your roll from the freezer and divide it into 1 cm high cookies. From this dose of ingredients I got 21 biscuits. Place some granulated sugar over a small plate. Press the part that will be the top of the cookie over the sugar and place it inside the muffin pan. Proceed in the same way with the rest of the cookies.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 13 – 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, remove from the pan and let them cool down completely before serving.
Store in a closed container.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for a recipe of delicious cookies with an intense and particular flavor, I recommend Gluten free buckwheat chocolate cookies (photo below).