These simple and fragrant white chocolate and coffee cookies are a real delight. The addition of slightly salted butter gives them a more deep flavor and the right crispness. Sweet at a right point and delicate.
White chocolate and coffee cookies
- 60 g butter I used salted butter made by Lurpak
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp potato starch or corn starch
- 70 g powdered sugar
- 3 tsp ground coffee
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp Sheridan or Di Saronno liqueur or vanilla extract
- 100 g white chocolate
- ground coffee to taste
Instructions: White chocolate and coffee cookies
- For this recipe I used a Sheridan coffee liqueur but you can also use Amaretto Di Saronno or just vanilla extract, all depends on which scent you want to add to your cookies.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and soft butter in a bowl. Work briefly with your hands until you have a sand-like texture.
- Add coffee liqueur or vanilla extract or Di Saronno (Amaretto) and an egg yolk. Work briefly until all the ingredients are well combined. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C. Divide the dough into similar balls (about 10 – 15 grams each) and place them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and create a long slice in the center (optional, only for decoration) with a knife or a toothpick. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. The cookies will get large and more flat so remember to leave some space between them.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down completely. Meanwhile, melt white chocolate over water bath and then dip your cookies. Sprinkle with ground coffee and let the chocolate cool completely.
Once white chocolate is completely harden, store your cookies in a closed container.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love coffee flavour in your cookies you should also check my recipe for Salted butter and coffee cookies. (foto below)