Creamy, intense and rich no-bake cheesecake with a distinct flavour of coffee and dark chocolate. Simple in preparation and very fragrant. For true coffee lovers.
Coffee and dark chocolate cheesecake
- 70 g Oreo cookies
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 200 g cold whipping cream
- 0.5 tsp acacia honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 g ground coffee I used Caffe Haiti brand
- 8 g gelatine sheets
- 450 g spreadable cream cheese
- 150 g white sugar
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 40 g cream
- 0.5 tsp butter
Instructions: Coffee and dark chocolate cheesecake
- Place Oreo cookies in a blender and blend everything until you have a fine texture. Melt 60 g of dark chocolate over water bath or in the microwave. Add crumbled cookies and mix well.
- Spread the cookie mixture on a 20 cm round pan. I’m using a silicone round baking pan made by Silikomart. If you use a classic pan I suggest you cover the base with baking paper or plastic wrap. Once bottom of the pan is covered withe the cookie mixture, place the pan in the refrigerator to make the chocolate become firm.
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, take 100 ml of whipping cream and pour it into a saucepan. Add honey, vanilla extract and ground coffee. Stir, put on the flame and bring to a boil, then turn off and let rest for 10 minutes to make the cream become flavourful.
- After 10 minutes, pass the cream through a thick sieve to eliminate some of the ground coffee. Move the remaining cream to the saucepan and turn on the flame. Bring back to a boiling point, turn off the heat and add squeezed gelatine sheets. Stir to make it melt completely then put it aside to let it cool down.
- Put the remaining 100 ml of cream in a bowl and star to whip it.
- As soon as it starts to thicken, add the spreadable cream cheese. Whip with electric mixer and then gradually add white sugar to let it dissolve completely in the mixture.
- At this point add coffee/cream liquid and stir in with a spoon until completely incorporated. Pour the cheese cream over the chocolate base and place in the refrigerator until it thickens completely (about 4 h).
- Prepare the dark chocolate glaze. Bring the cream to a boiling point and pour it over chopped dark chocolate. Wait a few minutes, add butter and stir to make everything smooth and creamy. Wait a couple of minutes to make it cool down slightly.
- Take the cheesecake out from the mould. If you use the classic non-silicone pan, heat a thin sharp knife under hot water and pass it along the edge of the pan to make it easier to open.
- Decorate your creamy coffee cheesecake with the prepared glaze. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to make it become more thick and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another amazing no-bake cheesecake recipe you should check my White chocolate cheesecake with strawberries.