This transparent cup with a filter is called Press – a French coffee maker. Maybe some of you saw this strange “cup” in tea and coffee stores and wondered what was it. It is perfect for those who enjoy a large cup of coffee with milk during some cold mornings. For those who are not lovers of coffee you can also use your French Press to filter tea leaves and other type of beverages. Learn how to use it in description below.
French Press – how to prepare coffee with French coffee maker
- 1 French Press
- medium and coarse ground coffee
- hot water
Instructions: French Press – how to prepare coffee with French coffee maker
- Place your French Press on a non-slippery surface and pull out the press with the filter from the cup.
- Pour in some very hot (but not boiling) water into the mug to briefly heat the glass walls.
- Add your ground coffee. The flavour is personal and you have to experiment with coffee doses but in general you should put generous teaspoon every 200 ml of water.
- Pour hot water over your coffee, stir with a teaspoon, cover with the filter, and set aside for a few minutes.
- Practice a gentle but constant pressure on the press to push the filter down. Pour the coffee into the cup and add milk or sugar to taste.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are interested recipes with coffee you should check my World of coffee section.