This coffee and cardamom caramel sauce is super sweet and super delicious. With a distinct taste of coffee and cardamom, in addition to the sweetness of white chocolate, it’s a great way to garnish ice cream, pancakes, waffles, cakes or plain black coffee. Also this easy caramel sauce is a great way to use evaporated milk that you have been storing in your pantry.
Coffee, white chocolate and cardamom caramel sauce
- 385 ml 1 can non sweetened condensed milk (evaporated milk)
- 2 tsp good quality ground coffee
- 5 cardamom pods
- 100 g white chocolate
- 15 g butter
- 90 g white sugar
Instructions: Coffee, white chocolate and cardamom caramel sauce
- Pour unsweetened condensed milk into a pot. Add 2 teaspoons of good quality ground coffee and 5 pieces of sliced cardamom pods. Turn on the flame, bring to a boil and then turn the flame off and let cool down completely. Once cooled down filter evaporated milk through coffee paper filter, a very thick gauze, fine cotton cloth or use a french press to eliminate coffee and cardamom.
- Pour your condensed milk mixture into a pot or pan with a thick bottom. Add sugar and butter. Turn on the flame and bring to a boiling point. Lower the flame and cook on a very low heat stirring often (do not burn the liquid). As soon as the milk becomes darker and thicker (about 10 minutes) add chopped white chocolate. Stir well until all the chocolate is melted and cook on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the coffee caramal sauce into a glass container. Once cooled down place it in the fridge and use the sauce as needed.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love delicious and sweet recipes with coffee you should also try my Espresso coffee panna cotta. (foto below)