This bright white chocolate, mascarpone and lemon cream tart is a true treat for your eyes and palate. A combination of delicate cocoa and almond crust, a deliciously creamy mascarpone and white chocolate filling, a lemon cream, some fresh red berries and small crunchy meringues. A perfect union between sweet and sour, fresh and delicious. A perfect tart for every occasion and every season of the year thanks to the fact that the filling goes perfectly with many different kinds of fruit.
Bright white chocolate, mascarpone and lemon cream tart
- 100 g soft butter
- 90 g powdered sugar
- 30 g almonds
- 50 g egg
- 200 g all-purpose flour or cake flour
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 230 g white chocolate
- 100 ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 g gelatin sheets
- 250 g mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 3 lemons
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 150 g white sugar
- 20 g potato starch
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 egg white at room temperature
- 60 g white sugar
- white chocolate
- fresh seasonal fruit i used currants and raspberries
Instructions: Bright white chocolate, mascarpone and lemon cream tart
- For the cocoa and almond crust: (I used a variation of the recipe from La mia pasticceria moderna) blend all the almonds in a blender until they become similar to a coarse flour. Mix flour, cocoa, almonds, powdered sugar and salt. Add soft butter, cut into small pieces, and work the flour together with the butter until you get a sandy texture.
- Add eggs and knead the dough briefly. Create a dough ball, wrap it in a plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- After this time, put the dough in the middle of 2 sheets of baking paper and roll it out to a thickness of 3 to 4 millimeters.
- Grease and dust with flour your tart pan. Move the dough onto the pan, remove excess dough from the edge with a sharp knife. Put the pan in the frindge for another 10 minutes and preheat the oven to 180 °C. Cook the tart shell for about 15 minutes. Take out from the oven and set aside.
White chocolate cream
- For the cream with white chocolate and mascarpone (recipe from the blog La mia pasticceria moderna) soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for 10 minutes. If you use powdered gelatine, add some cold water and let it swell for 10 minutes. Melt white chocolate over water bath or in microwave and set asside.
- Meanwhile, bring the cream mixed with milk and honey to a boil. Add squeezed gelatin (or swollen powdered gelatin) and mixed to let it dissolve completely. Pour hot milk over white chocolate (in 3 rounds) stirring well each time, then use your hand blender and blend it all for a couple of minutes. Gradually add mascarpone while still blending. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until it solidifies, for at least 8 hours, better all night.
- For lemon cream, combine lemon juice from 3 lemons and zest from one of them. Add sugar, starch, egg yolks and whole eggs. Mix well with the whisk to incorporate the starch and dissolve the sugar.
- Turn on the flame and cook on medium – low heat stirring constantly until the cream becomes thick and begins to boil. Combine the oil, stir, turn off the flame and set aside to cool down.
- Prepare the meringues by beating the egg whites until firm peaks. Slowly combine sugar and beat until it is fully incorporated. Over a baking tray lined with baking paper create small meringues of different sizes. Bake in the preheated static oven at 150 °C for about 30 minutes. Once baked and cooled down, dip the base of each meringue in some melted white chocolate and set aside to make it become firm. In this way, the base of the meringue won’t dissolve once put over the cream.
- After a minimum of 8 hours, remove the mascarpone cream from the refrigerator. Beat it for a minute to make it more delicate and spredeable.
- Cover the tart shell with mascarpone/shite chocolate cream and flatten it evenly over the base then create decoration as in the photo using the lemon cream.
- Add fresh fruit to taste and some of the prepared meringues.
Serve immediately and store in the fridge.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love lemon flavor in your desserts you should also check my Soft mini lemon cakes with lemon glaze. (foto below)