If you’re a fan of tarts and stracciatella flavor – this ricotta and chocolate stracciatella tart is a perfect for you. Delicate union between crumbly homemade pastry and creamy filling made with ricotta cheese, enriched by the bitter chocolate pieces and a delicate scent of lemon, makes this pie a perfect well balanced yummy dessert for hot and cold days.
Ricotta and chocolate stracciatella tart
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g cold butter
- 1 egg
- 80 g powdered sugar
- 0.5 lemon only the zest
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp or more brown sugar
- 0.5 tbsp vanilla extract
- 100 g chopped dark chocolate
Instructions: Ricotta and chocolate stracciatella tart
- Prepare the 25 cm wide round baking tray. Grease it with butter and flour it slightly.
- To create the crust place flour, an egg, icing sugar and lemon zest in a bowl. Using the grater with large holes grate the butter.
- Knead briefly to mix all the ingredients. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- For the filling: whisk ricotta cheese with an egg, vanilla extract and sugar. Chop the chocolate and add it to the mixture. Set aside.
- Take the dough from the refrigerator, remove the plastic wrap and divide into 2 parts one of which should be slightly bigger than the other. Roll out the larger part with a rolling pin to disk 3 – 5 mm high. Roll the pastry onto the rolling pin and transfer onto a baking tart pan, level the dough gently with your hands and remove excess dough with a sharp knife. Prick the bottom with a fork and pour the ricotta and chocolate mix.
- Roll out the second part of the dough on a floured surface. With a pastry cutter or a sharp knife, cut long strips of dough. Lay the first part of the strips, leaving some space in between them, on the surface of the pie. Add the second layer of strips by crossing them with the first layer then cut off the excess dough. Using a fork, crimp the dough to seal it.
- Bake the tart for 40 – 50 minutes in the preheated static oven at 180 °C.
Let cool completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another amazing pie recipe check my Walnut pie with golden syrup and rum. (foto below)