Today I made for you a very simple recipe for a delicious dessert with cream cheese and lemon olive oil. This dessert is quick and easy to prepare. The crunchy base inside the jar is made with simple cookie crumble. The cream has compact consistency similar to a cheesecake. It is garnished with a thin layer of lemon oil which gives this dessert a velvety and citrusy taste while the berries add a fresh note. This dessert is perfect for family parties or reunions with friends as you can prepare it in advance and at the last minute you can garnish it with fresh fruit and dusting sugar.
Lemon olive oil cream cheese dessert
- 2 g of gelatin sheets
- 100 ml of cold whipping cream
- 80 g of cream cheese
- 30 g of white chocolate
- 10 ml of milk
- 15 g of powdered sugar
- 1 organic lemon (zest)
- shortbread cookies
- lemon olive oil
- fresh or frozen fruit
- powdered sugar for garnish optional
Instructions lemon olive oil cream cheese dessert
- For this recipe I used lemon olive oil made by Frantoio Bartolini.
- To prepare the cream cheese filling, soak the gelatin sheet in cold water for at least 10 minutes. Melt white chocolate over water bath together with lemon zest of half a lemon, cream cheese and milk. Mix well until all the ingredients combine. With the mixture still hot, but not boiling hot, add squeezed gelatin and mix well to make it completely dissolve. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Whip the cold whipping cream. Add icing sugar and whisk briefly to incorporate.
- Add the whipping cream into the cheese mix. Gently stir in with a spoon until the whipping cream is completely incorporated.
- Choose glasses or dessert cups to your liking. Inside, crumble your favorite cookies and then distribute the cream. Put everything in the refrigerator to make it firm. At this point you can already add a thin layer of lemon oil.
- At the right time add fresh or frozen fruit.
If you like to add an extra note of sweetness you can dust the fruit with icing sugar just before serving the dessert.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love lemon olive oil in desserts, I think you might also like my White chocolate panna cotta with orange curd and lemon olive oil. (photo below)