Italian blueberry panna cotta is a simple, creamy and just delicious dessert. It’s a true Italian classic. In this version the fruits are cooked to create a delicious blueberry sauce that will be added both as a decoration and mixed into panna cotta. It is a delicate blueberry dessert with amazing velvety texture. Serve with whipped cream and fresh blueberries.
Italian blueberry panna cotta
- 300 g blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 70 g white sugar
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 100 ml milk
- 7-8 g gelatin powder or in sheets
- 100 ml cold whipping cream (decoration)
- powdered sugar to taste
- fresh blueberries (decoration)
Instructions Italian blueberry panna cotta
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water. If you use powdered gelatin cover it with very little amout of water. Let it puff for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix 300 g of blueberries with 1 generous spoon of lemon juice and 70 g of sugar.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium – low heat for about 5 minutes. Once the fruit has released the juice, use the immersion blender to blend everything. Now pass the liquid through a fine sieve to remove any pieces of fruit.
- Take about 100ml of blueberry sauce and set aside. We will need this sauce to decorate your dessert.
- Meanwhile, pour the milk and cream into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. As soon as the liquid boils add 200 ml of blueberry sauce. Stir and immediately add squeezed gelatine sheets. If you are using powdered gelatine just add the puffed gelatine into the liquid. Stir well to make it melt.
- Divide the dessert between 4 glasses and leave to cool. As soon as the liquid is no longer hot, place the glasses in the refrigerator to let the panna cotta become firm.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Once the dessert is ready, garnish it with the remaining blueberry sauce. If by chance your sauce has thickened too much, you can stir in more liquid such as lemon / lime juice or even water.
- Whip the cold whipping cream. Toward the end add some powdered sugar. I used a teaspoon. Decorate your dessert with the prepared cream and some fresh blueberries and mint leaves.
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 2 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for other quick and easy summer dessert check out my Honey baked apricots – easy summer dessert (photo below)