Greek yogurt panna cotta with fruit salad is a light and surprising summer dessert. The classic Italian vanilla panna cotta is mixed with a Greek yogurt and flavored with grated lemon zest. This makes this dessert not only much lighter but gives it the fantastic fresh aftertaste. The whole is covered with a summer fruit salad to add a sweet and different coating to the usual chocolate sauce. It is a creamy and velvety dessert to be prepared in small glasses to be served as a mini dessert at the end.
Greek yogurt panna cotta with fruit salad
Panna cotta with yogurt
- 200 ml of whipping cream
- 150 ml of milk
- 60 g powdered sugar
- zest of half a lemon
- 5 g gelatin sheets
- 170 ml Greek yogurt
- fresh seasonal fruit to taste me: 1 kiwi, 2 apricots, half apple, half banana, 1 peach, raspberries, blueberries, cherries
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Instructions Greek yogurt panna cotta with fruit salad
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the fresh cream and milk into the saucepan. Add the grated zest and turn on the flame.
- Slowly bring to a boil. Turn off the flame. Add sifted powdered sugar and mix well. Now add the squeezed gelatin and stir quickly in the very hot liquid to dissolve it completely. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Once the panna cotta is cold, pass it through the colander to remove the zest.
- Now add the Greek yogurt and stir in with a whisk. Your dessert should be completely smooth, if any lumps appear, pass your dessert through a sieve.
- Pour everything into the glasses or cups you have prepared and place them in the refrigerator for several hours until the cream is completely stiff.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Fruit salad instructions
- The preparation of fruit salad is very simple. Just chop finely the seasonal fruit of your choice. I chose kiwi, apple, banana, peach, apricot, some cherries and strawberries.
- Add a tablespoon (or a little less) of sugar and mix in. This will release the juices from your fruit. Now add the lemon juice and stir in again. Place the fruit salad in the refrigerator to use it as a topping with panna cotta.
- When needed, decorate your glasses with the prepared fruit salad. Add some fresh or frozen raspberries and blueberries and mint leaves and serve.
To be store in the refrigerator and consumed within 2 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like fresh and yummy desserts check out my Sticky and tart lemon bars (photo below).