This super simple to prepare double chocolate cream dessert is easy and delicious. It combines two amazing creams that have different textures. The first one is dense and velvety while the other one is light as a feather and it melts in your mouth. Garnished with some crunchy crumbled cookies and fresh or frozen fruit. This dessert is perfect for chocolate lovers or for special occasions such as Valentine’s Day.
Double chocolate cream dessert
- 8 chocolate cookies me Oreo
- 8 cherries or 8 pieces of fresh seasonal fruit
Velvety chocolate ganache
- 110 ml whipping cream
- 15 g di butter
- 1 g gelatin sheets
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 50 g milk chocolate
Whipped chocolate cream
- 400 ml cold whipping cream
- 145 g milk chocolate
- 4 tsp powdered sugar
Instructions velvety chocolate ganache
- Soak the gelatin sheet in cold water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat the cream to the boiling point. Turn off the heat and add chopped chocolate. Wait a few minutes then mix everything with a whisk until the chocolate is completely melted. Add squeezed gelatin and stir again. Finally add butter and incorporate it gently. Divide the ganache between 8 dessert jars or glasses. Let the chocolate cream become firm in a cool place for few hours.
Instructions whipped chocolate cream
- Melt the chocolate over water bath and let it cool down slightly.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Add powdered sugar towards the end of whipping. Gradually pour in melted chocolate and incorporate it gently with a teaspoon.
- Pour the cream into a piping bag and decorate the desserts using your favorite tip. Garnish with fresh or frozen fruit.
This double chocolate cream dessert should be stored in the refrigerator but I recommend to serve it as soon as it is prepared because the ganache cream tends to harden even further with low temperatures.
lot of love. B.
p.s If you love creamy and chocolatey desserts with a twist you should try my White chocolate panna cotta with orange curd and lemon olive oil.