Tapioca pearls and orange juice dessert
This delicious tapioca pearls dessert is easy to prepare and has a surprising texture. The tapioca pearls cooked together with orange juice create dense, fragrant, sweet and with an amusing consistency fun dessert. It is gluten free, lactose free and egg free (vegan) treat with freshly squeezed orange juice.
If you are looking for more traditional recipe with tapioca pearls try my Cocoa tapioca pudding.
Tapioca pearls and orange juice dessert - tangy and sweet.
- 100 ml water
- 40 g small tapioca pearls
- 300 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp (or more) sugar
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- orange and brown sugar for garnish
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
1 hour waiting time.
Instructions: Tapioca pearls and orange juice dessert
First put the tapioca pearls in a cup and cover with water. Let them puff for an hour.
Drain and place in a saucepan with sugar, freshly squeezed orange juice that I’ve passed it through a sieve. If you like a slightly spicy flavor add ginger powder. Stir and turn on the heat.
Cook, stirring frequently on medium – low heat for about 10 minutes from the boiling point. Cook until the tapioca pearls become transparent.
Pour into dessert bowls and serve warm or cold garnished with brown cane sugar and orange slices. Add the sugar just before serving the dessert because it dissolves quickly.
lot of love. B.