Orange and cardamom sweet quinoa is a real treat. One of my favorite recipes for cooking quinoa in a sweet manner. Distinct flavor of cardamom and orange, and the crunchiness of quinoa come together in a surprising vegetable desserts. Moreover this recipe is gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
Orange and cardamom sweet quinoa – gluten free, dairy free and vegan
- 50 g quinoa
- 250 ml vegetable milk I used rice milk
- 0.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 orange only the zest
- 6 cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp corn starch
Instructions: Orange and cardamom sweet quinoa – gluten free, dairy free and vegan
- In a saucepan pour the vegetable milk except 1/4 cup. Add sugar and orange zest. Peel the cardamom seeds and add the inside seeds into the milk. Simmer at low flame for about 10 minutes and stirring occasionally. Past that time, strain the milk to remove seeds and zest.
- Wash well the quinoa under cold water.
- Add the quinoa to the milk and cook about 15 minutes on medium – low flame or until it has absorbed the milk.
- Towards the end of cooking add the corn starch into the milk that you have put aside and mix well. Add the mixture to the quinoa, stir and cook over low heat for 2 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick.
- Divide the dessert into bowls and let cool completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love cardamom flavour in your desserts check my Cardamom cannelès de Bordeaux recipe. (foto below)
If you are lookin for another vegan inspiration for your desserts check my Lemon and orange cream without eggs. (foto below)