This creamy no-bake vanilla cheesecake without gelatine powder is possibly the creamiest and smoothest cheesecake I’ve ever made. The recipe is so easy that it is almost trivial and it uses few ingredients. Inside this recipe you will find a couple of simple but important tricks that make it so light and smooth. What makes it so tasty is a simple balance between sweet, fresh and delicate. This cheesecake uses cream cheese and little amount of sugar in the cream. The decoration with fresh seasonal fruit adds a sour and fresh note perfect with this type of cheesecake. Its taste and light texture surprised me a lot as it looks like a cheesecake prepared in professional pastry shop. Try it to amaze your guests or family.
Creamy no-bake vanilla cheesecake without gelatine
- 200 g of butter cookies (I used petit cookies)
- 50 g of white sugar
- 100 g of melted butter
Creamy filling without gelatin
- 200 ml of cold whipping cream
- 500 g of cream cheese
- 60 g of white sugar
- 30 g of plain yogurt
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 200 ml of cold whipping cream
- 1 tbsp of powdered sugar
- fresh fruit (I used raspberries)
Instructions creamy no-bake vanilla cheesecake without gelatine – cookie crust
- In a jug of a blender with a blade attachment put 200 g of butter cookies. I used petit beurre cookies because their flavor and texture goes perfectly with this cheesecake but you can use your favorite cookie type.
- Add 50 g of granulated sugar and blend until everything has a consistency similar to sand. If you don’t have a blender, you can crumble your cookies in a plastic bag using a rolling pin. It is important that they have a very fine consistency.
- Now add 100 g of melted butter and mix well. Line the bottom of a round 22 cm wide springform pan with the with a circle of baking paper. Pour over the prepared mix and level it carefully. The trick to having a firm base created with cookies is to press the base with strength and effort to make it compact and uniform. Use the bottom of a glass or cup to press and distribute.
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least 10 minutes and in the meantime continue to create your creamy filling.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Instructions smooth and velvety cheesecake – the filling
- In a bowl, whip 200 g of cold whipping cream until stif. Set aside.
- In a second bowl place 500 g of cream cheese. Add 60 g of granulated sugar, 30 g of plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Stir and set aside for a few minutes. This will ensure that the sugar has time to dissolve completely. Now, using the mixer with the whips, whip the cheese mix for a couple of minutes to make it lump-free and smooth.
- Take a fine sieve and place it over the pan with the whipped cream. Pass the cheese mix through the sieve to make it perfectly creamy and smooth.
- Very gently, using a whisk, a spoon or a silicone spatula, stir in the cheese mix. Use gentle movements from bottom to top and always in the same direction.
- Once the cream is ready pour it over the prepared base and gently make it flat
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours. In this way the cheesecake will have time to settle and remain perfectly creamy and compact without the gelatine powder.
- The next morning use a small knife to pass it around the pan and then open it. If you like it, whip another 200 ml of cream and add 1 generous spoonful of powdered sugar towards the end. Use the piping bag to decorate your cheesecake. Combine fresh seasonal fruit such as raspberries or strawberries to decorate your dessert.
- To cut it use a very sharp knife that you will clean with a piece of paper towel with each cut.
Store the dessert in the refrigerator and eat it within 4 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another no-bake cheesecake that’s simply delicious, check out my White chocolate cheesecake with strawberries (photo below).
p.s. For thsi cheesecake I modified slightly an original recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction.