Monoportion New York cheesecake is a super easy idea yet of a great visual impact and taste. Creamy and delicate, with an aftertaste of orange, accompanied by a simple but crunchy crumble, whipped cream and a slice of fresh orange. Perfect as a simple Christmas dessert.
Monoportion orange cheesecake
- 300 g spreadable cream cheese I used Arla crem cheese
- 80 g white sugar
- 15 g corn or potato starch
- 1 organic orange
- 1 medium egg
- 65 g Greek yogurt
- 100 g cookies of your choice
- 1 handful almonds
- 1 tbsp or more butter
- 200 ml or less cold sweet whipping cream
- fresh mint leaves
Instructions: Monoportion New York cheesecake
- For this recipe all ingredients (except the whipping cream) must be at room temperature.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, orange zest, egg and Greek yogurt using a whisk. The mixture must be smooth and homogeneous but be careful not to whisk the mixture too vigorously or you will incorporate too much air.
- Divide the mixture between 2 moulds (8 pieces each). Do not fill them to the rim because the cheesecake will rise during baking and then lower afterwards. Preheat the oven to 180 °C, put in the oven, lower the temperature to 150 °C and cook you cheesecakes for 20 to 25 minutes. You will find that the cheesecake is ready when it becomes elastic to the touch. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile crumble your cookies into a pan, add coarsely chopped almonds and butter. Turn on the heat and cook until the crumble becomes crispy and lightly toasted.
- Serve you monoportion cheesecake with prepared crumble, a slice of orange, a few decorations of previously whipped cream and some fresh mint leaves.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like the idea of mini cheesecake check my Mini chocolate cheesecakes with Kinder chocolate.