As the title suggests, these mini cakes are very soft and have a strong lemon flavor. It is very pronounced thanks to the addition of both the juice and the grated lemon zest in the batter. The slightly tangy aftertaste blends perfectly with the sweetness of the glaze while the decoration of fruit like raspberries adds a note of freshness. To be prepared both in silicone moulds and in the classic muffin tin.
Soft mini lemon cakes with lemon glaze
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 80 g of butter
- 120 g of white sugar
- 120 g of all-purpose flour
- 60 ml of lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon (only the zest)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 – 5 tablespoons of icing sugar
- a few drops of lemon juice
- mint leaves
Instructions soft mini lemon cakes
- For this recipe I used a Mini Dot mould made by Silikomart.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until they become clear and frothy.
- Add melted butter, lemon juice and lemon zest and whisk again briefly to combine.
- Sift the baking powder and the flour and add them to the mixture. Incorporate quickly with the electric whisk.
- Whip the whites until firm. Add them to the batter and stir in gently with movements from the top to the bottom.
- Lightly grease the moulds and dust them with a some flour. Divide the batter between the moulds and bake in the preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, take them out of the oven. Let them cool slightly and take them out of the mould. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by vigorously mixing the icing sugar with a few drops of lemon juice and very little water.
- Slice off any protruding part of the cakes to lmake them equaly flat. Decorate with the prepared glaze, fresh fruit such as raspberries (other types of berries are also good) and a few mint leaves.
If you like, wait for the icing to vecome firm otherwise you can serve your mini cakes almost immediately.
lot of love. B.
P.S. If you like these types of desserts, maybe I could tempt you with another recipe: Summer tart with mascarpone and lemon cream.
This recipe is made thanks to the collaboration with Silikomart. This company specializing in the production of silicone moulds and pastry, kitchen and ice cream utensils.