Kefir and butter chocolate chips muffins
To start 2021 I made for you a simple, quick but very delicious recipe: kefir and butter chocolate chips muffins. How come these muffins are different from so many recipes we can already find online? Well personally, I find that kefir makes them particularly soft while the butter whipped with sugar adds the rich texture and flavor, similar to that of a cake. The chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips) obviously make everything super delicious.
Soft and delicious muffins with dark chocolate chips, butter and kefir. Perfect for breakfast or for a snack.
- 255 g of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- half a teaspoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 160 g soft butter (I used salted butter made by Lurpak)
- 180 g of white sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 230 ml kefir or curdled milk (milk mixed with lemon juice and set aside for 10 minutes)
- 150 g of chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
For this recipe I used salted butter made by Lurpak but you can also use the unsalted one.
Instructions Kefir and butter chocolate chips muffins
In a bowl, sift flour with baking soda, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
In another bowl, whip sugar with soft butter until it becomes lighta nd frothy. It will take about 3 minutes.
Continuing to whip, gradually add eggs and finally vanilla extract.
Now gradually add the flour mix alternating it with kefir (or curdled milk). Whip while at minimum speed, until all the ingredients are well combined and the batter is without traces of flour.
At this point, add the chocolate chips and gently incorporate them with a spoon with movements from the bottom to the top.
Place the paper cups in the muffin pan and fill them up to 3/4 in hight with the prepared mixture. Preheat your static oven to 180 ° C. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Check the baking with the toothpick until inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Remove from the oven, wait a few minutes and remove from the pan. Let them cool down completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another delicious and easy cupcake recipe check my Nutella cream cheese frosting cupcakes (foto below). They are so easy to prepare.