Cupcakes with fresh pineapple, cream cheese frosting and pineapple flowers
Dense, moist but delicate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, fresh pineapple and pineapple flowers. They are decorated with a simple to prepare yet so beautiful decorations of pineapple flowers that you can easily prepare at home.
Soft cupcakes with fresh pineapple, cream cheese frosting and pineapple flowers baked in the oven.
- 1 egg
- 0.75 cup chopped pineapple (fresh)
- 0.25 cup vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 0.25 cup milk
- 2 tbsp (or more) brown sugar
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 10 (or more) thin slices of fresh pineapple
- 150 g cream cheese
- 50 g soft butter
- 0.5 cup (or more) powdered sugar
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
Instructions: Cupcakes with fresh pineapple, cream cheese frosting and pineapple flowers
In a bowl mix the egg, chopped pineapple, oil, milk and sugar.
Add the sifted flour and the baking powder and stir briefly. Do not overmix the batter.
Line your muffin pan with paper liners and fill up to 3/4 in height with the prepared batter. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
For the flower decoration: peel the pineapple and cut it with a sharp knife into very thin slices (a couple of millimeters). Dry the slices with kitchen paper and laid on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake in preheated oven at 100 °C for 1 hour – 1 hour and a half turning a couple of times while baking. Switch off the oven and place hot slices inside cups, or like I did, in the muffin tin. They will dry out completely and and will have the shape of a flower.
For the frosting beat the butter until it becomes light and frothy, add the cream cheese and icing sugar and beat again until all the ingredients are combined.
Decorate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting then add the pineapple flower and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love muffins and cupcakes with fresh fruit you should check my Best soft kefir muffins with blueberries. (foto below)