These soft banana and cream muffins are absolutely delicious. I prepared them for the party at my son’s school. It is a perfect recipe for children or for those who love bananas in their desserts. These muffins as I have already mentioned are soft and delicate thanks to the addition of mashed bananas and whipping cream in the batter. You can garnish them with chocolate ganache, simple melted chocolate or with your favourite buttercream.
Banana and cream soft muffins
- 65 g melted butter I used salted butter made by Lurpak
- 160 g ripe bananas
- 4 whole eggs at room temperature
- 1 yolk at room temperature
- 100 g white sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 240 g all-purpose flour
- 6 g baking powder
- 100 g gianduia chocolate or milk chocolate for garnish
Instructions banana and cream soft muffins
- For this recipe I used salted butter made by Lurpak but you can also use the regular one.
- For this recipe I reccomend having eggs at room temperature.
- In a bowl mash ripe bananas with a fork. Add whipping cream and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Secondly beat four eggs and one yolk with the two types of sugar for 5 minutes until they become light, frothy and they double the volume.
- Add the banana mix to the eggs and stir gently using a whisk. At this point also add melted butter and whisk again.
- Sift the flour together with the baking powder and add them into to the liquids. Stir in gently with movements from the the bottom to the top until you no longer see traces of flour.
- Place the paper cups in the muffin tin and fill them up to 3/4 in height with the prepared batter.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 170 ° C for 20 – 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick inserted at the center of the muffin if they are ready.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down completely.
Decorate with melted milk chocolate or Gianduia chocolate and serve.
lot of love. B.
P.S. If you love muffins with mashed bananas, check out my super tasty recipe for Moist and decadent dark chocolate banana muffins. (photo below)