These soft muffins with blueberries are just the best. Easy and quick to prepare, moist and fluffy and mildly sweet. Their soft and delicate texture comes from the addition of kefir which makes them particularly fragrant and delicious.
Best soft kefir muffins with blueberries
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 125 g white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 80 ml vegetable oil I used grape seed oil
- 120 ml kefir substitute with buttermilk or milk mixed with lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 120 g blueberries
- white sugar for the topping
Instructions: Best soft kefir muffins with blueberries
- Mix sifted flour and baking powder with sugar and a pinch of salt.
- In the second bowl mix kefir with oil, vanilla extract and egg. In case you did not have the kefir available, you can mix the milk with a few teaspoons of lemon juice and put it aside for 10 minutes to make it curdle or you can use buttermilk.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients mix briefly (do not overmix). Add blueberries and incorporate them gently.
- Put the paper liners in the muffin pan and fill them up to 3/4 in height with prepared batter. Sprinkle each muffin with a teaspoon of sugar. Bake in preheated static oven at 180 °C for 20 to 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and let it cool down completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love super moist muffins with fruit check my Super soft muffins with pears. (foto below)