Easy and delicious, delicate and sweet, marmalade stuffed vanilla cupcakes. The mild taste of cupcakes is enhanced by a berry marmalade and they are decorated with white chocolate whipped cream to make them even more delicious.
Marmalade stuffed vanilla cupcakes with white chocolate cream
- berry marmalade I used marmalade made by Cavazza
- 100 g white chocolate
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 220 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 60 g soft butter I used butter made by Lurpak
- 1 medium egg
- 160 ml milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 40 ml vegetable oil I used sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh or frozen fruit for garnish
Instructions marmalade stuffed vanilla cupcakes
- For this recipe I used berry marmalade made by Cavazza. The marmalade in question has an intense flavor and colour and is sugar free. It uses natural sugar from the berries.
White chocolate whipping cream
- Prepare the cream the night before. Heat the whipping cream to the boiling point. Turn off the heat and add chopped white chocolate. Leave it to rest for 2 – 3 minutes and then stir to melt the chocolate completely. Return the cream to room temperature and then place it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. At the moment you need to decorate your cupcakes take white chocolate cream from the refrigerator and whip it with electric mixer. The cream will take slightly more time to become fluffy and will be softer than classic whipped cream. Be careful not to overbeat it.
- To prepare vanilla cupcakes all ingredients must be at room temperature. Stir milk with lemon juice and let it curdle for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix curdled milk with sugar, egg, oil and vanilla extract until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In another bowl mix sifted flour and baking powder and a pinch of salt. Add soft butter and work it briefly with your hands or a fork until it has a sand-like texture.
- Add the liquids to the flour and stir until the batter becomes smooth. Put the paper liners in the muffin pan and fill them up to 3/4 in height with the prepared batter.
- Bake in a static oven at 165 °C for 25 to 30 minutes until the toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. These muffins grow in the middle and they split slightly but since we must fill them with marmalade this is not an error. If instead you want your cupcakes baked without the hump in the center I suggest you bake them at 150 °C, or even less, for 40 to 45 minutes. Once baked take them out of the oven and let them cool down completely.
- Take a piping tip and use the round part to create a hollow space at the center of your vanilla cupcake.
- Fill each cupcake with berry jam.
- Decorate with white chocolate whipping cream and with fresh or frozen seasonal fruit.
Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love easy peasy cupcakes with frosting or whipped cream you should also check my Funfetti cupcake with lemon cream cheese frosting. (foto below).
This recipe comes from the collaboration with Cavazza a company specializing in the production of fruit compotes, traditional Italian fruity mustards, chutney, and high quality juices.