The addition of sparkling water gives these cocoa muffins a particular softness. They are tender and fragrant with a rich chocolate flavour. You can garnish them with any frosting of your liking or simply by adding chocolate glaze.
Rich and dense cocoa muffins with sparkling water
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 100 ml vegetable oil I used sunflower oil
- 150 ml sparkling water
- 120 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
Instructions: Rich and dense cocoa muffins with sparkling water
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add cane sugar (or brown sugar or white sugar) and set aside.
- In a second bowl mix eggs, oil and water.
- Pour the egg mix into the flour mix and stir just to combine. Don’t overwork the batter.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Fill each muffin well about three-quarters full. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 °C for about 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Set the pan on a wire rack and let your chocolate muffins cool down in the pan for 5 minutes before taking them out.
Melt chocolate with butter and decorate the muffins with a teaspoon of the glaze and with some sesame seeds, chopped almonds or chopped walnuts. You can use also any butter cream or piping cream of your preferences.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love rich chocolate cupcakes check my Nutella cream cheese frosting cupcakes. (foto below)