Sesame tahini cookies are sweet, delicate and simply delicious. Their characteristic toasted sesame flavor comes from the addition of tahini (sesame cream). These cookies have an intense aftertaste and aroma and are also very simple and quick to prepare and do not require resting time in the refrigerator.
Tahini has become popular in all World thanks to the growing love for chickpea hummus where it is traditionally one of the basic ingredients. Thanks to this love you can find tahini in the large supermarkets in the section dedicated to ethnic food or shops with gluten-free or organic products. This cream has a fabulous taste of toasted sesame seeds that goes perfectly not only with savory dishes but also with sweet ones.
Sesame tahini cookies
- 120 g cake flour or all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 80 g soft butter
- 50 g white sugar
- 40 g tahini
- 35 g honey
- sesame seeds for the topping
Instructions sesame tahini cookies
- In a bowl, whip soft butter with sugar and honey for three to four minutes, until it becomes clear and light. Add salt and tahini and beat again to mix all the ingredients.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder and mix with a spoon. Work briefly with your hands to create a smooth but slightly sticky dough.
- Place the sesame seeds in a small bowl or saucer. With the palms of your hands create about 12 balls of dough that have the size of a walnut. Press each ball into the sesame seeds to make them stick (on one side only) and place them, sesame-side up, on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake 6 at a time until golden brown for about 13-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a plate while you bake 6 more remaining cookies. These cookies will harden and become more crumbly once they cool completely.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Keep in a closed container at room temperature.
lot of love. B.