These delicious pumpkin biscotti are a distant relative of the famous Italian cookies from Prato. I used the same double baking method to be sure that these cookies become super crunchy. The addition of the pumpkin gives it a beautiful orange color while the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, give a slight spicy aftertaste. I decorated these cookies with white chocolate and stuffed them with delicious orange marmalade that softens the biscotti and adds a delicious fruity note. These pumpkin cookies are egg-free and very easy to prepare. One leads to another.
Pumpkin biscotti with marmalade and chocolate
- 380 g cake flour
- 160 g cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 290 g pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 g melted butter
- orange marmalade
- white chocolate about 250 g
Instructions pumpkin biscotti
- For this recipe I used the Sicilian orange marmalade kindly offered to me by Agrisicilia.
- In a bowl sift baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour and set aside.
- In the second bowl pour melted butter, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree. If the puree is not completely smooth, blend it all with the immersion blender.
- Unite the contents of the two bowls and work the batter with your hands until there are no visible traces of flour but do not overwork it. Set aside and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the cookie dough in half. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Transfer the dough and give it a shape of approximately 30 cm long roll. Continue in the same way with the second piece.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes
- Take a serrated knife and divide the logs into biscotti with a maximum width of 1 cm. Place them on the baking tray facing upwards and cook 15 minutes at 160 °C, flip them and proceed with baking for another 15 minutes.
- After this time, turn off the oven and leave your pumpkin cookies in for another 15 minutes let them dryl. Take the pan from the oven and let them cool down completely.
- Stuff your biscotti with some orange marmalade and decorate with melted chocolate.
If you intend to add marmalade your cookies will become softer. Otherwise keep them in closed jar and they should remain crispy for at least a week.
lot of love. B.
P.S. If you like the double cooking method in the different types of biscotti I also recommend my Olive oil biscotti with muesli.