Overnight oatmeal cookies
These butter-free overnight oatmeal cookies are some of the simplest cookies I’ve ever made. Just throw all the ingredients into the bowl, mix, place the bowl in the fridge for several hours and then with a spoon make portions for each cookie and bake. Easy peasy. They are perfect for those who are not experienced with homemade baked goods. They are also perfect for both breakfast and snack as they are rich in flavor but not too sweet. These are semi-soft cookies with crunchy edges. They are prepared with lots of rolled oats, almonds, chocolate chips, raisins, chia seeds (optional) and olive oil. You can customize them by adding different types of nuts, different types of chocolate or adding spices such as cinnamon.
Overnight oatmeal cookies
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 110 ml mild olive oil
- 1 egg
- 80 g cane sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 ml milk
- 50 g chocolate chips
- 30 g almonds
- 30 g raisins
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Overnight oatmeal cookies instructions
- In a bowl, combine 100 g of all-purpose flour, 100 g of rolled oats. Add baking powder, baking soda, 80 g of brown sugar (or cane sugar), chocolate chips and chia seeds. Also add coarsely chopped almonds and raisins.
- Now combine the wet ingredients that is 1 egg, 60 ml of milk, vanilla extract and 110 ml of olive oil. Mix all the ingredients well until they are well combined. Then cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 6 hours (preferably overnight) to allow the oats to absorb the liquids.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Using a spoon divide the batter in equal portions. From these ingredients I created 18 cookies using about 1 tablespoon of batter for each cookie. Remember that they spread a lot during baking.
- Bake your cookies for 15 minutes in a static oven preheated to 180 ° C. Once taken out of the oven, wait a few minutes and then let them cool completely on a cookie rack.
Store at a room temperature in a closed container.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious recipes for homemade cookies, check my Chocolate chip cookies with caramels and peanuts (photo below) or Coffee and cardamom shortcrust pastry cookies (photo below).