Today’s recipe is for the famous and so deliciously classic American chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are super easy to make and require just a few simple ingredients. They are slightly crunchy on the edges and sweet and chewy on the inside. Perfect with a glass of milk or a nice cup of hot coffee. Their delicious consistency is due to the use of two types of sugar and the resting time in the refrigerator which adds a deep caramelized note. You can make them straight away after 1 hour of resting but I highly recommend keeping the batter in the fridge for 24 hours to add the depth of flavor to this much loved cookie.
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 100 g white sugar
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 110 g melted butter
- 1 medium egg
- 170 g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 90 g chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Instructions Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a bowl stir melted butter with two types of sugar and salt.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Now add sifted baking soda and flour. Mix well and then add the dark chocolate chips. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 42 hours. I personally recommend 24 hours.
- The following day, with the palms of your hands create many balls the size of a walnut or a small mandarin. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and place 6 balls on it, leaving some space between them. There is no need to flatten the balls as they tend to spread out on their own.
- Place the rest of the batter in the refrigerator. Bake 6 cookies at a time in the preheated static oven at 180°C for 12-15 minutes.
- Once baked, delicately place them on a cooling rack or on a large plate and let them cool completely before serving.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store at a room temperature in a closed container.
lot of love. B.