These chewy ginger cookies with honey are a real temptation. Crispy on the outside and with a soft and chewy inside. They have an intense aroma of butter and caramelized sugar. The flavour is intense, sweet and very fragrant thanks to the addition of fresh and dry ginger. Soaking them in a glass of milk is just a perfect ending right before they finish in your belly. 😀
Chewy ginger cookies with honey
- 30 g di white sugar for the topping
- 30 g di brown sugar for the topping
- 240 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 170 g soft butter
- 150 g white sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 80 g liquid honey
- 15 g fresh ginger weight skin off
Instructions ginger chewy cookies
- For this recipe I used non salted butter made by Lurpak.
- In a bowl mix 30 g of white sugar and 30 g of brown sugar and set aside.
- In another bowl sift flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Put aside.
- Beat soft butter with 160 grams of white sugar and 50 grams of brown sugar until it becomes light and frothy.
- Add egg and beat again until it is completely incorporated. Add honey and beat again.
- At this point, gradually add flour mixture and stir until all the ingredients are well blended. Finally add grated fresh ginger and stir again.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Divide the dough into many balls (larger than walnuts). Roll each ball into the previously prepared sugar mix.
- Bake your ginger cookies about 4 – 5 balls at time (they spread a lot) for 13 – 15 minutes in preheated static oven at 175 °C.
- Remove from the oven, move gently on a cooling rack and allow to cool down completely. Continue this way with the rest of the dough until all the cookies are baked.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another amazing cookie recipe you should try one of my favorites Cookies with puffed cereals, fennel seeds and rosemary.