These Christmas orange and chocolate cookies filled with the delicious gianduia namelaka cream are just amazing. Dark, sweet, intense. The filling just melts in your mouth. The decoration made with dark chocolate and sprinkles give them an extra crunch. A must try!
Christmas orange and chocolate cookies with gianduia cream
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g dark chocolate powder I used Decora brand
- 90 g powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp honey
- 120 g cold butter
- 1 medium egg
- 1 orange only the zest
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 170 g gianduia chocolate
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tsp acacia honey or glucose syrup
- 200 ml cold whipping cream
- 3 g gelatin sheets or gelatin powder
Instructions: Christmas orange and chocolate cookies with gianduia cream
- For this recipe I used dark chocolate powder and sprinkles from Italian company Decora. The dark chocolate powder gives an intense and fragrant flavor and I strongly recommend to use it but in case you can’t find this product I suggest to replace it with 2 tablespoons of good quality dark cocoa powder.
- The night before making these cookies melt the gianduia chocolate over a water bath or in a microwave. Heat the milk and dissolve honey and gelatine that has been previously soaked in cold water for 10 minutes (squeeze it well if you are using gelatin sheets). Gradually add hot milk into the chocolate. Using an immersion blender blend the mixture until smooth. Add cold whipping cream and blend again, trying to incorporate as little air as possible. Place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before using it.
- In a bowl bring together flour, cocoa, chocolate powder, powdered sugar, honey, egg, cold butter and orange zest. Briefly work all the ingredients until the dough becomes even. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for minimum 1 hour.
- Helping yourself with more flour, roll out the dough to a height of 3 to 4 millimeters. Use the square cookie cutter, or a knife, cut out about 2 dozen cookies. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 °C for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to get dark.
- Once baked let them cool down completely and decorate half of the cookies with melted dark chocolate and sprinkles.
- Fill the second half of the cookies with the gianduia cream (I reccomend using a piping bag) and then join the two parts of the cookies and serve.
Lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another amazing Christmas recipe with gianduia chocolate check my Creamy gianduia chocolate tart with orange gelee. (foto below)