Easy and delicious olive oil crunchy Italian biscotti with a distinct aroma of lemon and ginger aftertaste. Served with a white chocolate glaze.
Olive oil biscotti with lemon, ginger and white chocolate
- 220 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 90 g white sugar
- 110 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon only the zest
- 1 piece of fresh ginger 2 – 3 cm
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 100 g white chocolate
Instructions: Olive oil Italian biscotti with lemon, ginger and white chocolate
- In a bowl mix sugar, olive oil, grated lemon zest, grated fresh ginger, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder and a pinch of salt. Stir briefly until the mixture is smooth.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, slightly wet your hands, transfer the dough on a baking sheet and give it a form of log. Bake in preheated conventional oven at 150 °C for 35 minutes.
- Take the pan from the oven. Let rest 10 minutes then slice the dough into biscotti about 1 centimeter wide. Place them on the baking tray facing upwards and bake 10 minutes at 135 °C, flip and proceed with the cooking another 10 minutes.
Once baked, let them cool down completely.
They will become crispy once they are cooled down and garnish with melted white chocolate.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another amazing recipe for Italian cookies check my Pumpkin biscotti with marmalade and chocolate. (foto below)