These cardamom Christmas cookie bites are small and super cute. They are butter cookies with some colorful sugar sprinkles that and they do not contain egg yolk but only the egg white. They have a soft texture which is slightly chewy and delicious. The aroma and flavor of cardamom makes them fantastic Christmas cookies, but if you did not like this spice you can easily use cinnamon or lemon zest.
Cardamom Christmas cookie bites
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp sprinkles
- 1 tsp powdered cardamom
- 110 g soft butter
- 80 g white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
Instructions: Cardamom Christmas cookie bites
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, sprinkles and cardamom powder.
- In a second bowl, place the butter and beat it slowly while adding the sugar until it becomes light and fluffy (2 – 3 minutes). Add vanilla extract, egg white and beat again for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the content of 2 bowls using a ruber spatula and then knead briefly by hand to mix well all the ingredients.
- Lay the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Give it a slightly rectangular shape and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin, the dough should be about 1 cm high. Take a sharp knife and divide into many little rectangles. The dough grows slightly while cooking so I recommend to make some space between the cookies or you can leave them and cut them onced cooked with a sharp knife.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 °C for 8 – 10 min.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another Christmas cookie inspiration how about my Giant cinnamon cookie stuffed with homemade caramel candy.