A really simple recipe (to prepare it you just need a bowl, your hands and the baking tray) for some soft cookies with a delicate flavor of marzipan. The amaretto liqueur reinforces the taste of almonds, but is not strictly necessary. The dough keeps well its form while baking. Perfect with a cup of hot tea.
- 160 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g potato starch
- 150 g marzipan
- 80 g soft butter
- 60 g brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp amaretto liqueur I used Disaronno (optional)
- some shelled almonds for decoration optional
Instructions: Marzipan cookies
- Put all the ingredients (except almonds) in a bowl.
- Knead briefly all ingredients by hand until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Take small pieces of the dough, form small balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press down slightly using a bottom of a cup. Place an almond in the center and carve the edge of the dough with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 190 °C for 14 – 16 minutes.
Once removed from the oven let it cool completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are loooking for another recipe for easy and delicate cookies that are perfect with a cup of tea, you should check my Condensed milk and almond cookies. (foto below)