The Snickerdoodles are typical American soft cookies covered with sugar and cinnamon and in my opinion this recipe is just the best. They have amazing soft texture, they are aromatic, sweet but with a hint of salty. This adorable cookies will make your breakfasts and snacks really special!
- 200 g soft butter
- 0.5 cup white sugar
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2.75 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 lemon only the zest
- 0.25 cup or less white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Instructions: The best Snickerdoodles
- In a bowl place the butter and beat it slowly with two types of sugar until it becomes light and fluffy (2 – 3 minutes).
- Add egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract and beat for a minute with the electric mixer until incorporated.
- Add salt, cinnamon, lemon zest, baking soda and cream of tartar. Beat again for another 30 seconds.
- Add flour and stir briefly until just incorporated.
- Shape the dough into small balls. Mix sugar and cinnamon then roll balls in cinnamon – sugar mixture.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper then and flatten them slightly.
- Bake the snickerdoodle cookies for about 10 minutes in preheated static oven at 170 °C.
Allow to cool down for at least 15 minutes before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love cookies with soft texture you should also check my Salted butter and coffee cookies. (foto below)