This no-bake citrus cake made with with butter cookies and citrus marmalade simply melts in your mouth. It is so soft that I would call it more a dessert rather than a cake. It is composed of two types of cream and delicious orange, lemon and tangerine marmalade. The first layer is a simple mascarpone and whipped cream while the last thin layer is composed of a homemade lemon pudding. The marmalade combines perfectly with the two creams and add a fresh and interesting touch.
No-bake citrus cake
Cookies and marmalade
- 300 g citrus marmalade I used marmalade made by Agrisicilia
- 180 g of cold mascarpone
- 200 g of cold whipping cream
- 50 g of icing sugar
- Lemon pudding
- 250 ml of milk
- 1 untreated lemon peel only
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of potato starch
- 1 yolk
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
Instructions no-bake citrus cake
- For this recipe I used orange, lemon and tangerine marmalade made by Agrisicilia.
- Cover a rectangular 20 cm x 23 cm baking sheet with baking paper. Spread the first layer of flat butter cookies and prepare the first layer of cream.
- Whip cold whipped cream together with mascarpone cheese. Then add the powdered sugar and whip again to incorporate it. Gently spread the cream over the layer of cookies and make it smooth.
- Add the second layer of cookies and a layer of citrus jam. Add the third layer of cookies and proceed with cooking of the lemon pudding.
Homemade lemon pudding
- Pour 250 ml of milk into a saucepan, take a third of a cup of milk and set aside. Add the egg yolk, sugar and potato starch to the cup and mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add a teaspoon of butter and lemon zest in the saucepan with the milk and turn on the flame. When it comes almost to the boiling point add the milk with yolk and starch mixture and stir quickly. Lower the heat and, stirring constantly, wait until the cream thickens.
- Wait for the pudding to warm slightly and spread it over the prepared layer then cover with a final layer of dry cookies.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator and let the flavours mix for at least a couple of hours. The cookies will become soft which will make this cake easier to cut.
Store in the fridge and eat within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.