This soft and moist triple chocolate cake is a pure delicacy. It is a perfect chocolate dessert for parties such as birthdays, anniversaries and celebrations with family or friends. In fact, I prepared it for my son’s birthday as the chocolate cake is his favorite.
As written in the title it is very moist and melts in the mouth together with the sweet filling with chocolate, mascarpone and whipped cream. You can have fun decorating it to your liking with piping bag, chocolate flakes, fruit or chopped hazelnuts or pistachios. It is a spectacular dessert, filled and decorated for chocolate lovers.
Moist triple chocolate cake
- 250 g butter
- 260 g dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- 160 ml water
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 70 g dark cocoa powder
- 220 g white sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 120 ml kefir or milk mixed with 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
Chocolate and mascarpone cream
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 200 ml cold whipping cream
- 100 ml condensed milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- chocolate candy Maltesers
Moist chocolate cake instructions
- Line the bottom of a 22cm round, removable rim pan with a circle of parchment paper. Spread the edge with some butter and dust with some flour otherwise you can line it with baking paper.
- In a thick-bottomed saucepan, melt the water with butter, chocolate and coffee. Heat over low heat, stirring with a spoon until all the ingredients are melted. Remove from heat and let to cool.
- Pour the sifted flour into a bowl together with the cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Add the sugar and mix.
- In a bowl, mix 4 eggs, kefir and oil. If you have not been able to find kefir in your local store, mix milk at room temperature with a tablespoon of lemon juice and let it curdle for a few minutes.Slowly add the mass with the chocolate, stirring with a whisk and finally pour over the flour mix and stir in gently.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 160 – 170 ° C for 1 hour – 1 hour and 10 minutes. Check the baking with the toothpick after 50 minutes of baking. Once the cake is ready, take it out of the oven, let it cool slightly, then turn the pan over to remove the pan and baking paper. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Whip the cold cream and set it aside.
- With the electric whisk, whip the mascarpone with the condensed milk and cocoa until the ingredients mix and the cream becomes more compact. Now add the whipped cream to the mascarpone mix and stir in gently with movements from the bottom to the top.
Decorating the cake
- Divide the cake in half and remove the top bump. Prepare the syrup by mixing milk with the sugar and cocoa powder. Place the first disk of cake on a serving dish and sprinkle it with half of the prepared syrup. Add some of the chocolate cream and cover with the second cake disc. Sprinkle the rest of the cake with chocolate milk syrup.
- Use the rest of the cream to decorate the cake. Let it rest in the refrigerator for 12 hours. The next day, decorate it as you like with chocolate candy like Matesers or other decorations.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store refrigerator and eat within 3 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other recipe for a birthday cake, check out my Molly cake with Kinder chocolate cream (photo below) and Molly cake with berries and white chocolate and yogurt cream (photo below).