This Greek yogurt and cinnamon cake was born, when I found a jar of Greek yogurt hidden behind my son’s chocolate puddings. Often my recipes are born when I realize that I have some ingredients that is near an expiration date and I like to improvise. I peeked at some recipes on the internet and consulted my blog and I created this fragrant and soft cake that is butter-free, easy and quick to prepare. Obviously being cinnamon cake it fills the house with a fantastic smell during baking process. A perfect autumn cake for a snack for the little ones or to enjoy with a cup of steaming tea.
Greek yogurt and cinnamon cake
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 80 g sugar
- 50 g golden syrup or liquid honey
- 170 g Greek yogurt
- 150 ml corn oil or other vegetable oil
Instructions Greek yogurt and cinnamon cake
- For this recipe, the eggs and Greek yogurt must be at room temperature or barely cold.
- In a bowl sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. This cake, like most of my sweets, is not too sweet. If the cakes you like slightly sweeter, I recommend increasing sugar by a few tablespoons.
- In the second bowl whisk eggs with Greek yogurt and oil. Also add the golden syrup or honey. If you don’t know the golden syrup it is super delicious sugar syrup of English origins. You can follow my recipe to prepare it at home: Homemade golden syrup – caramelized sugar syrup
- Add the contents of two bowls and stir briefly to mix all the ingredients well.
- Coat the bottom of a 23 cm wide cake pan with baking paper. I used a springform pan. In this way I simply laid the sheet of baking paper over the bottom, added the ring and closed it over the paper. I cut off the excess and I had the bottom perfectly covered. Grease the ring and sprinkle lightly with some flour.
- Pour the rather dense mixture into the pan and flatten it with a spatula or a spoon. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 35 – 40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, then remove the ring, turn the cake upside down and remove the bottom and the baking paper.
Allow the cake to cool down completely on a cooling rack before serving.
lot of love. B.