The Easter puff pastry tart is a quick and easy recipe for a dessert that you can prepare at the last moment. It is super simple to prepare but guarantees a cake with a great visual effect. It is a puff pastry cake in the shape of an Easter egg filled with white chocolate ganache and Nutella ganache and decorated with whipped cream, strawberries, caramel cookies and a few chocolate eggs. Underneath all this goodness you will also find a very thin layer of vanilla cream cheese that breaks up the sweetness of the creams and adds a note similar to that of a cheesecake. It is a cake that you can easily modify using the decorations to your liking to serve during the Easter brunch.
Easy puff pastry Easter tart
- 1 round sheet of puff pastry (230 g)
- 200 g cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 g white sugar
- 100 g white chocolate
- 100 ml cream at room temperature (for white ganache)
- 1 tbsp Nutella or other chocolate cream
- 50 ml cream at room temperature (for dark ganache)
- 250 ml cold whipping cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Biscoff cookies (or other type of cookies)
- mint leaves for garnish
- small chocolate eggs
Easy puff pastry Easter tart
- Unroll your puff pastry on a sheet of baking paper. Using the rolling pin gently give it an oval shape similar to an egg by pulling it up and down. You can also cut out the right shape using a knife.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese with sugar and vanilla extract. Spread your cream on the puff pastry leaving a thin edge free of cream and then move the pastry on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for about 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently lower any bubbles that may have formed under the part with the cheese. Set aside to cool and in the meantime prepare the decoration.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Ganache and decorations
- To prepare the ganache the cream must be at room temperature while the whipping cream must be very cold otherwise it will not whip.
- Divide your chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat resistant bowl. Place the bowl in a pot with some water and turn on the flame. Melt the chocolate over water bath being careful not to let the drops of water get into the chocolate. Once the chocolate is melted, take the bowl from the water and add the cream. Stir vigorously. If there are any lumps, put the bowl back into the hot water and heat the cream, stirring until it becomes smooth. Set aside to cool down.
- In the second bowl pour the cream and add Nutella or another type of hazelnut and chocolate cream. Place the bowl in hot water, turn on the flame and stir until everything melts and you have a smooth and shiny ganache. Also set this cream aside to cool down.
- Once the creams are no longer hot, pour the white ganache over the part of the cheese on the pastry. Gently make it flat and even. With the Nutella ganache, create thin horizontal lines along the entire cake using a piping bag with a small spout or simply a plastic bag with a small hole on the tip. Take a toothpick and going from top to bottom and vice versa create broken lines to create the central decoration.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator to let it cool completely and in the meantime prepare the decorations. Whip the whipping cream until stiff. Towards the end add your powdered sugar to incorporate it into the cream. Divide the strawberries into halves or quarters and make some crumbs and pieces of Biscoff caramel cookies or other type of cookies.
- Decorate the cake with the whipped cream and use your fruit and cookies. Add almonds or walnuts, mint leaves for decoration and pieces of chocolate eggs or other decorations to taste.
Store it in the fridge and eat it within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for a savory Easter cake, check my Puff pastry Easter egg tart – easy vegetarian appetizer idea (photo below) or Italian Easter cheese bread – crescia al formaggio (photo below).