When the weather does not help to tolerate the winter blues, there is nothing better than a cream cheese chocolate cake with fresh strawberries and a cup of tea or coffee. The addition of the spreadable cream cheese in the batter makes this cake particularly yummy, dense and fragrant. This cake is simple and quick to prepare, perfect for breakfast or a snack or to just to feel better when the wheather is gloomy and sad. It rains … it rains a lot … spring just does not want to come… hey! wait! there are strawberries on sale!
Cream cheese chocolate cake with fresh strawberries
- 150 g spreadable cream cheese I used Arla cream cheese
- 60 g soft butter
- 120 g white sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 190 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30 g cocoa powder
- fresh strawberries
Instructions: Cream cheese chocolate cake with fresh strawberries
- For this recipe I used cream cheese made by Arla that was kindly offered to me by its manufacturer. This cheese is 100% natural. It contains no preservatives, coloring agents, additives or stabilizers of any kind.
- Put spreadable cream cheese, soft butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk it for a minute until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and whisk again. At this point turn off the mixer and add sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. stir in gently. The dough will be thick and sticky.
- Move the batter into a 20 cm diameter round baking pan. I used silicone pan so if you are using the classic baking ban remember to grease it and dust it with some flour. Decorate with sliced fresh strawberries.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 180 °C for 30 to 35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake come out clean.
Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love cream cheese in your cakes and cookies you should also check my Cheesecake cookies with blueberries and white chocolate. (foto below)
This recipe was born from the collaboration with ARLA.