This amazing, sweet and delicious Pavlova cake with lemon cream has a crisp crust yet soft and light inside. The sweetness of this cake is counterbalanced by the tangy and exquisite lemon cream and the freshness of fresh seasonal fruit.
Pavlova cake with lemon cream and fresh fruit
- 6 egg whites room temperature
- 300 g white sugar
- 1 tsp potato starch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- fresh fruit to taste I used raspberries
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 150 g brown sugar
- 3 lemon only the juice
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tsp olive oil
Instructions: Pavlova cake with lemon cream and fresh fruit
- The egg whites must be at room temperature. Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually beat in white sugar (one tablespoon at a time) until stiff and shiny. Add lemon juice and beat again. Combine the potato starch and beat in briefly just to incorporate.
- Preheat the static oven to 180 °C. Meanwhile, line the baking tray with the baking paper. Draw 2 circles of 20 cm wide each. Turn thebaking paper on the other side and divide the whites between the 2 drawn circles. Smooth the sides and a top with a spoon or a spatula.
- Bake Pavlova at 180 °C for 5 minutes then lower the temperature to 140 °C and bake for another 80 minutes. Once baked remove the pan from the oven and let it cool down completely.
- For lemon cream: combine all the ingredients except the oil in a pot. Mix well with a whisk to disolve the starch and the sugar.
- Turn the heat on and cook on a medium – low heat, stirring constantly, until the cream becomes thick and begins to boil. Turn off the heat, add olive oil, stir and set aside to cool down completely.
- Cover the first meringue with half the prepared lemon cream and add seasonal fruits. Cover with the second meringue and again decorate with cream and fruit. Don’t worry if your Pavlova collapse in the center. It is natural as the Pavlova cake is very delicate and the stuffings and creams are often abundant or heavy.
Serve immediately and store in the fridge.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another fresh summer dessert check my Gluten free and vegan crumble with blackberries. (foto below)