Easy, quick, soft and delicious cake with yogurt and apples. Delicate and simple. A true classic. Perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Soft and easy cake with yogurt and apples
- 1 apple
- 3 medium eggs
- 160 g brown sugar
- 140 ml vegetable oil
- 125 ml lactose-free yogurt or regular one
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- lemon zest to taste
- powdered sugar to taste
Instructions: Soft and easy cake with yogurt and apples
- Separate the eggs. Whip the whites until stiff.
- Add the egg yolks, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and the yogurt and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Add sifted flour together with baking soda and baking powder and grated lemon zest (I used one whole lemon).
- Gently stir in the flour. Line a square baking pan with parchment paper, pour the mixture and gently place, rather thin, apple slices (skin off) on top.
- Bake in static oven preheated to 180°C for about 40 minutes.
Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan. Serve once completely cooled with some powdered sugar on top.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love cakes and pies with apples check my My twist on apple pie with apricot jam filling and lemon zest.