Chocolate magic cake
Chocolate magic cake is a dark version of the vanilla magic cake. For those unfamiliar with this dessert, it is a cake which during the baking process, with just one batter “magically ” divides into 3 layers (a delicate sponge cake, a creamy center and a flan as a base). With the addition of cocoa powder disappears that particular egg flavor, that you could find in the classic vanilla cake.
Chocolate magic cake
Classic three layer magic chocolate cake.
- 125 g melted butter
- 500 ml milk
- 75 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 210 g sugar
- 1 tbsp warm water
- few drops of lemon juice
Instructions: Chocolate magic cake
- Prepare the mold (20 cm x 20 cm) by buttering it and covering well with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- Heat the milk without boiling it. It must be only slightly warm.
- Separate the yolks from the whites (the eggs should be at room temperature). In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the egg yolks with the sugar at least 10 minutes until they do not become very frothy and light. Towards the end, while continuing beating, add 1 tablespoon of warm water. Begin to add the melted butter and continue beating for a few seconds until the butter is incorporated.
- Continue by adding sifted flour and cocoa. Then mixed in the warm milk as you continue beating.
- At this point beat the egg whites until stiff, adding few drops of lemon juice to stabilize them. Turn off the hand mixer and put it away cause you won’t need it anymore. Gently incorporate the egg whites into the cocoa batter with a spoon, by mixing it slowly from the bottom to the top.
- Mind you need to have a little patience cause final mixture will be quite liquid.
- Now pour the mixture into the prepared mold and bake in a preheated oven at 160° – 170 °C for about 70 minutes. Serve cold with some cocoa powder dusted on top.
The nutritional values are generated automatically for indicative purposes only and are therefore not completely accurate.
Serving: 1cakeCalories: 123kcal
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love chocolate cakes and desserts check my Christmas brownie with cinnamon and lemon zest and Decadent chocolate and coconut pie recipe.