Delicious brioche with a rich flavor of cherry marmalade and amazing orange scent. Perfect for a tea time or for a sweet breakfast with a cup of hot coffee.
Brioche with cherry marmalade
- 200 g about of cherry marmalade (I used Monte Rè brand)
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1,5 tsp active dry yeast
- 120 ml warm milk
- 1 orange only the zest
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 110 g butter I used Lurpak brand
Instructions: Brioche with cherry marmalade
- In a bowl combine flour, active dry yeast yeast and sugar.
- Begin to work the dough gradually adding eggs and warm milk, orange zest and finally butter (I used Lurpak butter) cut into small pieces. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic even if slightly sticky. Lay the dough in a greased bowl and let it rise for about 2 hours or until it doubles the volume.
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
Creating the brioche
- Deflate the dough and divide it into 5 equal parts. Roll out the first piece of dough in a disc, about couple of milimeters in hight. Spread it with one tablespoon of marmalade.
- Cover the first layer of dough with a second disk. Cover it with more marmalade. Continue in this way with other pieces, leaving the last disc not coated on the surface (as in the picture), then take a pizza cutter or a sharp knife and divide the brioche into 8 wedges.
- Take the tip of the first layer from one of the wedges and fold it on itself, hiding the tip under the edge (as in the picture). Continue in this way with the other layers and with the other segments.
- Cover the brioche with a layer of plastic wrap or a cotton cloth. Let it rise in a warm place for another hour.
- Brush your brioche with a few tablespoons of milk. Bake in the preheated static oven at 180 °C for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
Lot of love. B.