Soft, moist, sticky and sweet, my favorite: cinnamon rolls. These amazing buns have an irresistible flavor and smell and they are perfect for breakfast with a cup of of hot coffee. This is one of your favorite recipes because the dough without eggs can be used in different recipes for brioche stuffed with creams, fruit or chocolate spread.
My favorite cinnamon rolls – soft and sticky, sweet buns
- 120 g butter
- 480 ml milk
- 100 g brown sugar
- 7 g active dry yeast* see the notes to halve the yeast
- 700 g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 120 g cream cheese
- 3 tbsp milk
- 120 g powdered sugar
Instructions: My favorite cinnamon rolls – soft and sticky, sweet buns
- Heat milk and butter until the butter is completely melted then set aside to cool down. Once the milk is lukewarm add vanilla extract, sugar and active dry yeast. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes until the yeast becomes slightly frothy.
- Add flour, mix it slightly with a spoon then add salt and mix well until there are no visible traces of flour. Set aside for 5 minutes so that the flour would absorb the liquids and the dough would be easier to handle.
- Work the dough for about 10 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth and elastic. Transfer the dough into a bowl, cover it with the plastic wrap, and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour and a half or until it doubles the volume.
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- After this time deflate the dough and roll out on a floured surface into a rectangle (about 1 cm and a half in height). Spread the rectangle with cinnamon mixed with brown sugar.
- Roll the rectangle to create a roll of dough. Using the sharp knife, divide it into 12 equal parts. Place cinnamon roll slices over a rectangular baking pan (leave some space between them). Cover the pan with some plastic wrap and let rise for another 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake cinnamon rolls in pre-heated static oven at 180 °C for 25 to 30 minutes then take the pan from the oven and set aside to let it cool down.
For the glaze
- Meanwhile prepare the glaze by mixing cream cheese with milk and finally with sifted powdered sugar.
- Spread the glaze over cinnamon rolls and serve still warm or wait until completely cooled down.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for a soft brioche recipe without glaze check my Extra soft brioche with crunchy caramelized brown sugar. (fot below)