A quick and easy way to apple turnovers which are puff pastry triangles filled with apple filling. The filling is sweet at the right point thanks to the addition of raisins and two types of sugar. This puff pastry dessert is quick and easy and leaves a fabulous aroma in your kitchen thanks to the addition of nutmeg and cinnamon in the filling. If you have a roll of puff pastry ready in the fridge and a couple of apples on hand, you can prepare this dessert in minutes.
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 0.5 tbsp white sugar
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp raisins or dried cranberries
- 0.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lemon only the zest
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
Instructions: Apple turnovers
- Peel and remove the core from the apple then dice it. Put your apple pieces in a bowl. Add lemon juice, potato starch, lemon zest, raisins, spices, two kinds of sugar and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix egg with one tablespoon of water.
- Cut 6 squares from the puff pastry sheet. Brush the edges of each square with the egg wash and neatly place the apple mixture in the center of each square.
- Fold the pastry diagonally over the apple mixture and seal by pressing the edges with a fork. Brush with remaining egg and make 3 small cuts on the surface.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 200° C for 20 minutes.
Serve at a room temperature or still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love apples in your cakes and desserts check my Soft and easy cake with yogurt and apples. (foto below)