By whipping the cold whipping cream with powdered sugar and vanilla we get the classic light as a feather Chantilly cream but how about making it even more delicious by creating yogurt whipped cream? This pairing not only makes the fluffy cream fresher and with a delicate yogurt aftertaste but makes it velvety and easy to spread. It is perfect for filling cakes such as sponge cake, pies, cream tart and cream puffs but also for creating desserts and decorating ice cream, pancakes and waffles. Perfect for a thousand uses.
Yogurt whipped cream
- 125 g yogurt (any flavour)
- 125 ml cold whipping cream (at least 6 hours in the fridge)
- 30 g fine white sugar
- 2 g gelatine sheets (or powder)
Instructions yogurt whipped cream
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Heat the yogurt along with the sugar in a small saucepan almost to a boiling point. Turn off the flame. Add the squeezed gelatin and stir to dissolve it completely. Set aside to cool.
- When the yogurt is at room temperature, whip the cold cream until stiff peaks. Gradually combine yogurt with the whipped cream stirring gently each time to make it incorporate.
- Once the yogurt whipped cream is ready, place it in the refrigerator until it becomes completely cold and more compact and stable thanks to the incorporated gelatin, then use as desired.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
To be kept in the refrigerator for 1 day to maintain an excellent level of freshness.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other basic pastry recipe check my Classic lemon and vanilla pastry cream – creme patissiere (photo below) and Whipped ricotta and honey cream (photo below).